Taking on the project to repaint the exterior of your home can be quite hectic and demanding. So, hiring a depending, committed painting company can make the process much easier to deal with. Since paint is the first line of defense for the exterior of the home, ignoring the declining physical appearance can cause damage. Paint is the protection for the home from the outside elements such as weather damage, dust, and insects. A professional painting company will have the knowledge and skills to perform the job to your specifications so that you are happy with the final result.
Signs it is time to repaint the exterior:
- Wear and tear. If the paint is cracking, peeling, and bubbling, the paint is no longer sticking to the house. This will allow moisture to pierce the paint film possibly causing issues underneath.
- Gaps. Visible gaps around the windows, doors, or the material the home is made of should be addressed as soon as possible to avoid having moisture seep into the areas. More than likely, you will need to caulk the gaps before repainting the areas.
- Cracked caulk. Caulk is used as a sealant for windows and doors, and overtime can become brittle and cracked. Once the areas are repaired with a high quality, durable caulk, you will need to repaint to protect and conceal it.
- Fading paint. If the home shows signs of fading in certain areas, this means the sunlight or exposure is draining the color from the paint. Even though this is not a terrible issue, it does become an eyesore.
- Selling. If you are considering selling your home, a fresh coat of paint can increase your curb appeal and potentially add to the sale price.
- It is time. If your home’s exterior paint does not show signs of damage, it does not mean it is not time to repaint. It just means that the last paint job protected your home with a good paint film. Since a home should be repainted ever five to ten years, it is always good to consult a professional painting company for advice.
Refreshing the exterior paint of a home can offer huge value. It can transform a worn sometimes dated look to a modern, sleek appearance. A healthy exterior makeover will help to control the progression of aging and enhance the aesthetic appeal. Your home should be the space that makes you feel comfortable and safe, so routine maintenance and care should be a priority.
When hiring a professional painting company, it is important to ask basic questions so that you understand the process before they get started. You should look through their reviews and references beforehand to get a sense of how well the painting company performed. It is vital that they are licensed and insured to protect you and your property in case an accident would occur. Remember, a qualified, honest painting company should not have a problem communicating with you before, during, and after the job has been completed.
Questions to consider asking a painting company:
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of warranty do you offer?
- How long will the job take?
- Will you prepare the space for painting?
- How will the space be protected?
- What types of paint will be used and what are their lifespan?
- How many painters will be involved?
- What does the clean-up entail?
- What is the total estimate for the project (request an itemized list)?
- How much money do you require upfront?
If you are looking to hire a professional painting company to repaint the exterior of your home, look no further. JMA Painters is an experienced, punctual company that will respect your property during the process. They are well-trained in the industry and in using the best techniques. JMA Painters will complete the job to your satisfaction leaving you enjoying the result for years to come. You can give them a call today at 337-534-8665 to schedule an appointment or visit the website https://jmapainters.com to learn more about their company. Let your next project be stress-free.
6 Signs It’s Time to Repaint Your House Exterior – https://www.certapro.com
Exterior Painting – https://www.newlifepainting.com
The Benefits of Painting Your Home’s Interior and Exterior – https://www.superiorpro.com
Questions to Ask Painters – https://www.coloradopainting.com